Saturday, October 18, 2008

Asking Randy

I went home that afternoon with my contraband picture of Lacy, ready to broach the subject with my husband.



Always preferring the direct approach, I jumped right in... "So I found a kid for us to adopt."



"Oh really" he responded hoping to get me to shut up so he could watch the last five minutes of the SciFi show on TV.



Ignoring his dismissive comment I continued, "No, seriously. There is a little girl at this children's sub acute facility and she needs a home, I think we should check it out. (Lacy is the kid in a very tight shirt about 2/3 of the way through the video, I find it funny that it doesn't exactly depict what the kids really look like there, they look mostly like this and this)


In the end it didn't take much convincing. He agreed to come down to the facility to meet Lacy, with the understanding that final veto power was his. So on the afternoon of April 20, 2007 Randy and I went to meet Lacy. For about 20 minutes we played with her in the multi-purpose room. She was almost two-and-a-half years old.

After our short time together, we returned home. As Randy drove I asked him what he thought.

"Let's do it".

No comments: